SP Global Platts Recruitment Drive 2021: S&P Global Platts is looking for a Data Analyst to work closely with our energy market analysts and off-shore IT team to be responsible for day-to-day data processes. In this role you will look to understand data and apply the applicable business logics and metadata to turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions. You will also work closely with Business Intelligence and IT teams to implement data changes into databases, products and processes.
The Impact: This role has a core impact to our analysis team by adding value to our data through data quality and enhancements. This role serves as the backbone of our European data team and you will contribute to turning our data into information and insights.
What’s in it for you : Data is at the core of all our products and strategy, understanding the data from an analytical and technical point of view can open opportunities across the business. An individual who can excel at this role will be known throughout numerous leadership teams – allowing for many opportunities of growth within the first couple of years.
The Business: Dynamic Data team tasked with ensuring the integrity of our data and the automation and visualization of processes and data flows. The team is supportive and collaborative with exposure to many business units from modelling to IT. They work great at moving forward with the group’s mission and goals. A new member of this team will hit the ground running and collaborate with his/her team members immediately.
What We’re Looking For: We are looking for a process orientated, methodological thinker with a keen eye for detail, who has proven experience working and leading structured work-flows. Someone who enjoys dealing with large sets of data and problem solving. This role would be ideal for someone proactive and eager to learn about energy markets or data. The role is a great place to hone your skills and grow within a strong and collaborative team.
SP Global Platts Recruitment Drive 2021 | Data Analyst
|Organization||SP Global Platts|
|Category||Off Campus jobs 2021|
Contribute and manage daily processes ensuring you find, investigate, resolve and report issues to internal and external platform users to maintain the integrity of Platts’ European data.
Assist in answering data related client questions, both internal and external, to ensure platform user issues are investigated and status updates provided to client facing team members.
Work closely with analysts, IT and Business Intelligence team to understand data and apply business metadata to new and existing data to help us deliver market relevant data to internal users, external users and products.
Ensure all changes to business data are reported to internal and external users via email to inform them of new and amended data and metadata for their analysis.
Maintain new and existing data change request backlog to ensure all requests are tracked and completed. Prioritise backlog with analysts to ensure our dataset is accurate and up to date.
Maintain and modify analytical models in use. Devise independent models to help verify data and analytical results. Work with modelling teams, IT and Product to automate data processes and visualize datasets.
Assist in analytical support of data sets by working with wider data team, analysts and Business Intelligence team to ensure we have a complete and accurate dataset for European Gas, Power, Global LNG and other commodities.
Work with Data Collections to ensure new data collection requests are processed and prioritized.
Ensure new and edited data points are quality assured before release and integrated into products, business logics and quality assurance processes to ensure consistency between database and products.
Other Off Campus Recruitment Drives:
- Airtel Payments Bank Recruitment Drive
- PayPal Recruitment Drive for Data Analyst
- Geeksgod recruitment drive for Frontend Developers
- Limechat recruitment drive for Data Analyst
- igebra recruitment drive for teaching assistant
- Advarra Recruitment Drive 2021 for Software Engineers
- Tejas Recruitment Drive for Engineers
- Byjus Recruitment Drive for Business Development Associate
- Skill Santa Recruitment Drive for Software Engineer
- A Strong track record and demonstrable interest in analysing data.
- Strong knowledge of and experience of relational databases (PostgresSQL, MS SQL Server ).
- Advanced troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills with a meticulous eye for detail
- Intermediate Python coding skills.
- University degree in Science, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics.
- Proven working experience of data management as a data analyst
- Ability to retrieve, interrogate, manipulate and analyse data and presenting findings.
- Experience of working and leading processes in agile work streams driving data quality and improvement, experience of Azure DevOps desirable but not essential
- Experience of working and collaborating with off-shore teams essential
- Knowledge of business intelligence tools for analysing datasets and visualizing data ( desirable but not essential ).
- Interest in technology as a means to visualize, interrogate and report data
- Strong communication skills over email, instant chat and face-to-face and experience of building constructive working relationships,
- Knowledge/ interest of energy markets or energy data desirable but not essential.
- Basic understanding of Git/ GitHub.